crop specialist (36-40 hours), Baarle-Nassau (NL)
Can your green fingers help our customers?
Lumiforte is a manufacturer of innovative high-tech coatings (including ReduSystems) to optimize the greenhouse climate in international horticulture, a niche market. We have over 50 years of experience and have grown our business through a global dealer network. The atmosphere within the company is convivial; we help each other to achieve our objectives. Lumiforte is a growing and healthy company with a total of 70 employees. We have three branches: in the Netherlands, France and Canada, from which we supply our products to more than 65 countries.
In order to support the development and sales, we are looking for a colleague with green fingers who can identify the desires and trends in the international horticulture market, who can test products together with clients and companies and who serves as the point of contact for external research institutes. You have experience in a “green” environment and a customer-oriented approach, you enjoy pioneering and you are able to make commercial calculations about the added value of our solutions. We want to achieve significant growth at Lumiforte and are looking for colleagues who are ready to take on this challenge!
In this global position, you will report to the commercial area manager for the Netherlands and the office in Baarle-Nassau will provide the operational base for your activities.
- Together with growers, growth consultants and research institutions, you are continuously looking for solutions to (growth) problems or that are related to the sustainability goals within the horticulture sector.
- You are the point of contact for our R&D department and discuss which solutions the market needs and what they need to develop in order to achieve this. This can include new products or improvements to existing products. Together with our marketing manager, you will discuss the market potential of a development.
- You will conduct field trials both at home and abroad, at the facilities of growers and research organizations, with the aim to demonstrate the added value of products and to promote our solutions. You will incorporate the results of the field trial in concise reports and presentations, which marketing and sales will use in their communications with (potential) clients.
- In addition to growth aspects, you are able to make calculations that we can use to demonstrate the economic added value of our products.
- You are our company’s point of contact for research (including “Club van 100” at Wageningen UR) and you are pro-actively involved in research within the horticultural sector.
- You will provide input for the further optimization of our (online) advisory tools, so that it becomes easier for a client to select products from our portfolio.
What you bring to the table:
- Higher Professional Education (HBO) or University degree (WO) in a green field (e.g. HAS or Wageningen UR)
- At least 5 years of experience in the field of cultivation techniques
- A customer-oriented attitude
- Independent, meticulous, inquisitive and analytical
- A team player who is able to collaborate professionally with other departments
- Proficient in MS Office
- Fluent in English and Dutch. German and/or French is an advantage
What we provide in return:
You will work in a fun team with ambitious goals. If you prove to be the correct match, you will be given lots of space for contribution and improvement! We will provide a pleasant workspace, laptop, company car, mobile telephone, good coffee and other things that create a good working environment. (Partially) working from home is an option.
You will start on a one-year contract with a good salary and bonus scheme. The secondary employment conditions are also excellent: a non-contributory pension, 28 days’ vacation, reimbursement for healthcare insurance and a staff association that regularly organizes fun activities. In addition, we encourage you to continue deploying yourself and expanding your knowledge.
Would you like to know more or are you ready to apply? Please contact Barry Zuidgeest, commercial area manager,
+31 6 29511880 or send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.